Do you need a free checking account no credit check no deposit? A lot of people are asking this question and searching for the answer. With so many options out there, it can be difficult to find the best bank with the best features. In this article we will talk about some of the different types of checking accounts that are available including free personal checking accounts that require no credit check or deposit!
There are many different options out there for free personal bank checking accounts to choose from. These can be great if you have bad credit or want the option to change banks at any time without penalty. With these benefits combined they can be a perfect service for many.
We will also list some benefits that come along with these types of accounts. One benefit is how easy they are to get because you do not need qualification requirements such as a minimum balance or high credit score and there’s no deposit needed either. Another key perk is if you don’t want to commit to a single bank, these free checking accounts allow you to switch banks as long as they are nationally available.
Best Free Checking Account No Credit Check No Deposit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products however our opinions are our own.
-Current is a bank that offers checking accounts and debit cards for families.
-Current offers a free checking account no credit check no deposit.
-If you sign up for Currents Premium Checking Account you can get your direct deposit up to 2 days faster than traditional banks when you enroll in direct deposit through the Current App.
-Unlike most banks, Current doesn’t believe you should spend your hard-earned money on things that don’t matter so they have no hidden fees, no overdraft fees, no minimum balance fees, free ATM withdrawals at over 55,000 in-network ATMs and no fees when you transfer money.
-You can also earn up to 15X points when you swipe your Current Debit card at participating merchants, which can be redeemed for cash in your current account. You can find all the merchants near you using the map in the Current app.
-Current also has money management tools such as spending insights, budgeting tools and savings pods that automatically enables you to round-up your purchases to the dollar and move the left over money into a Savings Pod whenever you swipe your card.
-Deposit cash into your Current account at over 60,000 stores. To find the locations nearest you check the map in the Current app and generate a barcode for the cashier to scan from the app.
-Instantly send or receive money without any fees.
-FDIC insured up to $250,000 of pass-through deposit insurance from Choice Financial Group.
Current Offers 2 Types of Checking Accounts
Basic Checking Account
-No overdrafts or hidden fees
-Earn points by making purchases at participating retailers. Earn 1 point for each dollar you spend.
-Includes a White Card
-Standard direct deposits
-1 Savings Pod -used to save money
-A budget for a single category of spending
-Instant notifications for purchases
Premium Checking Account
-$4.99 per month
-Earn up to 15X your points by making purchases at participating retailers.
-Exclusive Premium Card
-Early access to direct deposit (up to 2 days early depending on your employer)
-3 Savings Pods
-Budgets for each category of spending
-Gas station authorizations immediately credited
-No overdrafts or hidden fees
-You can overdraft up to $100 for free with Overdrive when you use direct deposit of at least $500 a month. If you overspend on a purchase Overdrive will cover the purchase and when your next paycheck is available it will apply those funds to your negative balance.
-Instant notifications for purchases
How Do I Signup For Current?
To signup with Current you will need to prove your identity by providing:
– Your Social Security Number (SSN)
– U.S Residential Street Address (Cannot use a P.O. Box)
– A smartphone that can receive SMS/text messages
– There is no credit check and no impact to your credit score to signup.
Types Of Checking Accounts To Look For
To help find the best one for your needs we will list some types of free checking account options: high-yield savings and reward checking, no fees or minimum balance requirements, and interest bearing checking. Some other features that could be included are free online bill pay, mobile banking and checks. Just note that not all bank accounts will have these features, some do, some might offer a few of these benefits or just one of the benefits.
– high-yield savings and reward checking: this type of free checking account offers a higher interest rate than traditional accounts. It also has no minimum balance requirements or maximum number of transactions per month, which is great for those who make many small deposits and withdrawals each day. The downside? Even though it does not require a high credit score, it does require a high minimum deposit.
– traditional checking accounts: this account is popular with consumers because they can avoid paying monthly fees by maintaining a certain balance in the bank or using direct deposit to their account for each paycheck. However, most banks will charge higher overdraft and ATM withdrawal fees than other types of checking accounts too.
– high interest checking account: this type of free checking account offers a higher interest rate than traditional accounts. It also has no minimum balance requirements or maximum number of transactions per month, which is great for those who make many small deposits and withdrawals each day. The downside? Even though it does not require a high credit score, it does require a high balance.
– basic checking account: this type of free checking account is typically the default option for most banks and credit unions, in addition to being one of the cheapest options on the market. It doesn’t have a minimum balance requirement or maximum number of transactions per month, but it does not come with any perks like interest rates.
– free checking account with a credit card: this type of free checking account requires no minimum balance and offers the same perks as a basic account, but in addition comes with an opportunity to get rewards points on your purchases via a linked credit card.
– interest bearing checking accounts: these types of free checkin accounts offer higher rates on balances than basic accounts and tend to have more requirements. There is usually a minimum balance requirement, no maximum monthly transactions, and generally this account comes with an interest rate that varies depending on the type of checking account (e.g., regular or student).
– high yield checking accounts: these types of free checkin accounts offer higher rates on balances than basic accounts and tend to have more requirements. There is usually a minimum balance requirement, no maximum monthly transactions, and generally this account comes with an interest rate that varies depending on the type of checking account (e.g., regular or student).
– free savings accounts: these types of free checkin accounts offer high rates on balances , but generally does not allow withdrawals without penalty.
– free checking account: this type of free checkin accounts offers little to no interest rates, and are usually associated with a minimum balance requirement or monthly fee.
Related: Best Business Checking Accounts
What Bank Has Free Checking?
These are some national banks that offer free checking accounts. Please note that some of these checking accounts are only free when you meet a certain eligibility requirement otherwise they are not free and you must pay the fee. If you do meet the eligibility requirements the bank will waive your fee. Here are some of the free checking accounts available:
–Chase: Chase offers a free checking account with no monthly fee (unless you have certain services that are not related to your checking), but it does require a deposit of $100.00 into the account or an average balance of $1500 per month for at least three months before getting around this requirement. You’ll also need to be a student under age 23 or an individual over the age of 18 with a qualifying disability.
–Barclays: Barclays offers free checking for students (under 25) and select employees, but it does require some kind of deposit in order to waive the monthly fee.
–Citibank: Citibank requires that you have at least $2500 in combined deposits and loans with them to qualify for their free checking account. They also require a monthly fee of at least three dollars.
–M&T Bank: M&T bank offers an Everyday Checking account that requires a minimum balance of $2500 for any statement cycle in order to waive the monthly fee and still be eligible for their checking rewards program.
–HSBC: HSBC is another provider who has free checking accounts, but it does require at least $1000 in combined deposits and loans to be eligible.
–PNC: PNC offers a checking account, “Essentials,” that is free with the requirement of at least one direct deposit per month.
-USAA: USAA’s free checking account is called their Classic Checking Account which requires no minimum balance or monthly service fee.
–Bank of America: Bank of America offers a checking account, the “Basic Checking Account,” that is free with no monthly service fee. You’re required to have at least one direct deposit per month in order to be eligible for this account type.
It’s always important when it comes to finances and banking services to shop around and find the bank that fits your needs the best.
Best Checking Accounts:
The accounts that are best for you will depend on your personal financial situation, but these examples should give you an idea of what to look for in a checking account: free savings account (high rates), free checkin balance requirement with no credit check or minimum deposit required , high monthly transactions , free checkin account with high monthly transactions.
Current – Best Free Checking Account No Credit Check No Deposit
- Free checking account
- Free overdraft up to $100
- No minimum balance fee
- No instant transfer fees
- No hidden fees
- No bank transfer fees
- Earn points to redeem for cash with your debit card
- Manage and track your spending
- Get your paycheck up to 2 days early with the Premium Checking Account
Cit Bank – Best Interest-Bearing Checking Account
- Cit Bank is an online bank offering interest-bearing checking accounts up to .25% APY with a minimum balance of $25,000 or 0.10% APY for balances under $25,000.
- They are able to offer such high as they are an online bank so they don’t have the same overhead as other banks with retail stores.
- They do not charge ATM fees and get up to $30 in other bank’s ATM fees reimbursed per month.
- They do not have monthly fees
- You can transfer and pay using Zelle, Bill Pay, Samsung Pay and Apple Pay.
- Deposit checks and make unlimited withdrawals.
- Their echeck checking account requires $100 to open an account.
Axos Bank – Best Rewards Checking Account
- Get up to 1.25% APY
- No monthly maintenance fees
- No overdraft fees
- No minimum monthly balance
- Unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
- $50 to open an account
- If you receive monthly direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more you can get 0.4166% APY, Use your Axos Visa Debit card for a total of 10 transactions or more per month to get 0.4166% APY, and use your Debit card 5 more times, a total of 15 transactions per month to get 0.4166% and that all equals 1.25% APY.
- Analyze your spending behavior
- Send payments and wire transfers quickly
- Automate your bill payments
Chase Bank Total Checking Account – Best Bonus Offer
- Chase offers $225 to open a Chase Total Checking and set up and direct deposit.
- Chase has over 16,000 ATMs and more than 4,700 branches.
- They have online banking, bill pay and the Chase Mobile App to see your account.
- Chase does have a $12 monthly service fee but you can waive the fee if you have electronic deposits totaling $500 or more, or have a beginning balance each day of $1,500 or more, or an averaging beginning day balance of $5,000 or more.
- You can also get Chase First Banking for you and your child where they can have their very own debit card.
USAA Classic Checking Account – Best Checking Account For Military Members & Veterans
- USAA has free checking which means no monthly service fees for you.
- Earn up to $15 back each month if other banks charge you fees for using their ATMs.
- Start an account with as little as $25.
- Earn interest on balances of $1,000 or more 0.01% APY.
- Schedule one-time or recurring online bill payments in minutes.
- Mobile deposit for a fast check deposit.
- Use Zelle, Samsung Pay and Apple Pay.
- Early direct deposit for active military members up to a day early.
While there are several banks that offer free checking accounts only one bank offers free checking with no credit check no deposit and no minimum balance that offers rewards. When looking for a checking account find out what benefits you want the most like free accounts, interest-bearing, high-yield interest, rewards, no credit check or convenience.
Do you have bad credit, no credit, or want to learn how to become a credit expert?
Check out our credit repair training and learn:
- What your actual credit score is
- How to get a copy of your free credit report
- How to get your credit back on track today
- Travel for Free, Fly First Class & Earn Money
- Learn how to fix your credit on your own with our expert advice.